Circa 1875 the former Mechanics Institute is one of Stawell's historic landmark buildings. This versatile premises is on three levels and incorporates large conference rooms, ample office accommodation and storage, tea room, disabled toilet facilities and access to car park. The building has been lovingly maintained while retaining some of the outstanding original features including a grand three level cedar staircase, stained glass skylight, cedar fireplace, 4.6 metre (approx) ceilings with ornate rosettes and cornices, 2.6 metre (approx.) high double doors with elaborately carved architraves, arches and some baltic pine. Prime Main Street location - Zoned Commercial 1 Zone.